Thursday 26 May 2011

Salubrious Stockholm

My new urban crush is now Stockholm. Having just returned from a weekend in Sweden visiting my oldest friend who is now residing over there, I can verify that everything is explicably true- its spankingly clean, beautiful and boasts girls every inch as wholesome and genetically blessed as it says they are. I can now see why this place comes with a hefty price tag (my gin + tonic cost me £16 a pop) and a tax thrashing to match.

I sadly didn't have time to explore the city in much depth (this was more of a personal endeavour than a sight seeing one). However, aimless wondering is often the best way to soak up a city's flavour so we went for coffee culture over the militant city guide route. Bottom line is that people are so friendly in Stockholm and they have the coolest shops in terms of design (typical scandi minimalism design i mean). 

My favourite area (as recommended on Emma's blog guide to Stockholm) is Sodermalm. It's the more bohemian laid back side of town and great for people gawking and cute cafes. We ate at a place called Muggen which does killer open sandwiches, free rustic bread + tapenade with eclectic interiors and trendy staff. Another highlight was interiors boutique E.Torndahl - with unique gold jewellery bits and amazing home accessories.














1 comment: