Sunday 8 May 2011

Little Venice Meets The Hamptons

I’m now in holiday mode. Just went to Little Venice to meet some girlfriends for lunch at The Summerhouse (seafood pop up restaurant on the Union Canal) and feel like I’ve just returned from  the Hamptons (not that I have ever been there but I imagine it’s got the same nautical aesthetic in the resident beach apartments of the rich and famous?). I had the moules with chunky chips with lashings of garlic mayo whilst enduring food envy of Hazel’s posh swordfish and mango stack. This place isn’t cheap but won’t bend the plastic if you stick to a main, great for watching good looking thirty-somethings in oversized designer sunglasses and blue polo shirts and soaking up some rare British sun.
Open April until end of October. The Summerhouse, opposite 60 Blomfield Road, W9; 020 7286 6752






No comments:

Post a Comment